After a hiatus of a few months from this project (yet again) I’ve found time to work on new aspects.
The belly plating is going well and is far simpler than the dorsal pattern, plus I have the technique down to a fine art at this point.
I’ve also designed and then this evening machined the cockpit interior base from Delrin- the plan is to detail it as necessary and mould it for future use, or potential production (it fits perfectly into the MPC cockpit)
While I turned the main shape on my lathe, the rest of it was done carefully by hand. You can see my technique for maintaining crisp(ish) edges by clamping abrasive paper to a block of steel on one side only.