Constructed by David Shull about 1840, and relocated to its current site in 1968 or 1973. The structure originally stood on Cherry Bottom Road in Mifflin Township, near present-day Nob Hill Drive.
The nearly square (21′ by 20′) floor plan is not typical of log buildings in the state. Donald Hutslar described the structure as "a neatly constructed house . . . in good preservation" that was "probably sided soon after construction." Apparently, it was originally whitewashed.